Small Town News

Disaster and Accident

Dryer Fire Destroys Home

The Camp Verde Journal of Camp Verde, Arizona

- Advertisement -

A HOUSE FIRE leaves a Cottonwood home in the 600 block of Seventh Place gutted and smoldering as fire crews from Cottonwood Fire Department and Verde Valley Fire District work to extinguish the remaining hot spots Sept. 19. The fire appeared to be electrical in nature according to CFD Fire Marshal Rick Contreras and started from a faulty dryer in the laundry room. One woman was at home at the time of the 8:30 a.m. fire and got out safely, but six dogs died in the fire. The homeowners have no insurance and lost everything in the fast-burning blaze. No other homes in the neighborhood were damaged.

Copyright 2012 The Camp Verde Journal, Camp Verde, Arizona. All Rights Reserved. This content, including derivations, may not be stored or distributed in any manner, disseminated, published, broadcast, rewritten or reproduced without express, written consent from SmallTownPapers, Inc.

Original Publication Date: September 26, 2012

More from The Camp Verde Journal