SmallTownNews
Electric heater starts fire that kills man

By The Democrat Reporter staff

The Democrat Reporter of Linden, Alabama

James Clark, Sr., of 51 Coats Ave., in Thomaston died Tuesday morning, Jan. 13, as his mobile home filled with smoke from a fire which started in the bathroom. A small electric heater was determined to be the cause of the fire. Thomaston Mayor Jeff Laduron said the alarm came at 7:07 a. m. When he and the other fire fighters arrived, they found Clark near the back door. His feet were at the dooi and they pulled him out. "He was gone." Clark had a pan of water by him so Laduron figured he was trying to fight the fire. Clark was 92 years old. The home was near A. L. Johnson High School in Thomaston. Coroner Stuart Eatmon pronounced him dead, giving the cause of death as smoke inhalation. The man's shrouded body lies behind the mobile home. Mayor Laduron said the state fire marshal was notified and an investigator came to examine the scene. The mayor, fire fighter, said he would like to thank all the people who came to assist: the Marengo County Fire and Rescue Squad, the sheriff's department, and Amstar ambulance service.



Copyright 2015 The Democrat Reporter, Linden, Alabama. All Rights Reserved. This content, including derivations, may not be stored or distributed in any manner, disseminated, published, broadcast, rewritten or reproduced without express, written consent from SmallTownPapers, Inc.
Read Full Article at http://www.smalltownnews.com/article.php?aid=DRP0115201500101&pub=The Democrat Reporter&pid=93&catid=12&catname=Disaster and Accident